Monday, June 19, 2006

So, what do the numbers 911 and a birthday have in common?

Well, let me tell you. Our youngest daughter had her 13th birthday last Saturday. All she wanted was to take her friends down the Logan canal and to eat birthday cake and ice cream. (Thanks for small miracles--it could have been a whole lot worse!) Things were going well until we started pulling the girls from the stream in a semi hypothermic state. Once we started counting, we were missing two youths!! How could this be and where could they have gone. Middle Son and Middle Daughter walked up and down the banks interrogating all canal floaters-to no avail. Mom freaked! There was a police parked by Lundstrom Park so she went and did what any good mom would do. The sirens wailed and wailed. An Ambulance, Fire truck, Paramedic, 5 police cars and 2 motorcycle cops came rolling in. They asked me if I called 911--Oh no, I said. There were so many cars, trucks etc. a person couldn't even turn around. As the officers were being filled in on the details by my frantic wife, the 2 girls crawled out of the canal, laughing and having a great time. Apparently, they had gotten out by the golf coarse and went to the bathroom. They then waited a few minutes so they could get behind everyone. They wanted to sneak up on them and scare them. Well as one of the firemen put it, they sure did scare everyone!

It will definatly be a birthday that won't be soon forgotten!

Later that same evening, Oldest Daughter competed and stole the show for Miss Nibley. She will reign for one year at all Nibley functions and maybe compete in the Miss Utah Pageant. Who would ever have thought? I have always known she is beautiful and talented, but I never thought a pageant was going to be part of our lives.
I am always amazed at the talents, gifts and abilities of all my kids. It is truly humbling.

2 Comments:

Blogger Coach said...

Happy Birthday youngest daughter! ;-)

Congratulations Queen Oldest Daughter!

Great stories. We made it safely to Ohio. We love you!

5:50 PM  
Blogger Coach said...

Oh, by the way, I was thinking of you guys a lot with my last post on meaty chunks and hope we can see you guys again soon. Sorry all the comments are from me, but I really appreciate reading about you guys!

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home